jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Micah Whitacre" <mkwhita...@gmail.com>
Subject Determine if Node has been deleted
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2008 14:34:53 GMT
What's the best way to determine if a node has been removed from the
repository?  The use case I have is that I have a reference to a
Node[1] object.  That node however could have been deleted by another
user and therefore when I perform operations like hasNode(...) I get
an exception.  Is there a proactively determine if that Node is still
in the repository?  Or is the best way to determine this to not hold
onto the Node but instead store off the path, and use the path to
retrieve the Node each time using a PathNotFoundException?

Thanks for your help,
Micah

[1] - http://day.com/maven/jsr170/javadocs/jcr-1.0/javax/jcr/Node.html