jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From trueb...@sachsendv.de
Subject file issues on webdav
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2008 13:42:06 GMT
Hi there,

I've got some questions regarding the webdav implementation.

Currently we are building a cms like system with folders, xml- and
binary-files.
So as of Davids Modell Rule #6 we use hierarchy nodes like nt:folders and
nt:files for structure and nt:unstructured for content nodes.

The repository has 2 interfaces:
- a webapp to add, edit and delete files
- standard webdav (jcr webapp 1.4)

I enabled versioning on the jcr:content node of nt:files and added some
mixin node definitions.

Ok, so I've got 2 questions.
I searched the web to get some information about autocommit and jcr
through webdav. I've found this issue
Is there anything new to this?
I need this feature, maybe I could help?

Another issue is that all my content files have a zero file-size in
webdav.
The structure of these files is comparable to an XML-backed Content
Repository (JCR 170 Sec.5.4)
with a mapping of xml structure to a node-property structure.

I've tried the Windows Explorer, Novell Netdrive and DAVExplorer.
When I copy the file with the Windows Explorer from webdav to local, the
file gets a size and a content,
but editing the file on the server (NetDrive) there is no content.
I need the server editing feature, otherwise webdav doesn't make any sense
in this app.

Maybe the zero-file-size is a bug?

Tobias

Sachsen DV Betriebs- und Servicegesellschaft mbH
Täubchenweg 26
04317 Leipzig
Amtsgericht Leipzig, HRB 18545

Geschäftsführer: Herbert Roller Brandão, Dr. Jean-Michael Pfitzner

Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Andreas Benninger