jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Blanco Emanuele <e.bla...@reply.it>
Subject RE: accessing JCR over JNDI
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2008 07:43:42 GMT
Hi Cédric,

thank you for your answer.

I already went there. I can successfully deploy my datasource and access it from an EJB.

The thing that's going wrong is when I try to access it from another web application. If I
make the lookup on java:jcr/local I don't receive any exception, but the object returned by
the lookup() method is null. I searched the net for informations and I guess that is a JNDI
problem, usually you have it when you try to access the JNDI from outside the container in
which the datasource is deployed. But I'm trying to deploy the web application on the same
application server.

-----Original Message-----
From: Cédric Chantepie [mailto:cchantepie@corsaire.fr]
Sent: venerdì 10 ottobre 2008 9.36
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: accessing JCR over JNDI

Blanco Emanuele a écrit :
> Hi there,
>
> I just deployed the Jackrabbit JCA adapter as a resource into JBoss 4.2.1. If a try to
make a lookup within an EJB deployed in the same application server, everything goes ok and
I can access my repository via the EJB. But I'm in need of accessing that repository from
a web application. I tried to configure properly the web.xml to set the resource ref with
the appropriated JNDI name (jboss-web.xml too), but my lookup method returns null (with no
exceptions such NamingException and similar). I'm working on the Drools BRMS, for your information.

> Anybody handled this with success?
I've you already gone to
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/JackrabbitOnJBoss ? I think it the
best information for Jackrabbit on JBoss.
Personnally it work great, by deploying jackrabbit rar et -ds.xml file
registering it as JCA in JNDI, then I can get it by JNDI from ejb or war.

Cédric

--
The information transmitted is intended for the person or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination