jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Müller" <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: DataStore and DB setup in Jackrabbit Cluster
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2008 07:37:32 GMT
Hi,

> Can I use a FileDataStore (the same on every node) that puts everything on a shared SAN
when I have Jackrabbit deployed as a cluster?

Yes.

> From what I understood (also from previous posts) all Jackrabbit cluster nodes need access
to the SAME database. Correct?

Yes. I have updated the wiki:

"Clustering in Jackrabbit works as follows: content is shared through
all cluster nodes. That means all Jackrabbit cluster nodes need access
to the SAME persistent storage (persistence manager and data store)."

> In case of only one DB for all nodes, this can be a single point of failure.

That's true.

> Does anyone have experience in clustering the database (in my case mySQL under Windows)
using CJDBC/Sequoia?

I only have experience with the cluster mode of the H2 database, see
also http://h2database.com - unfortunately, I don't have experience
with MySQL cluster and CJDBC.

Regards,
Thomas