jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Müller" <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: Snapshot of local data (in sync with DB)
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2008 09:34:15 GMT
Hi,

> Can anybody recommend a good practice to take a snapshot of the local
> data (i.e, repository dir, revision.log file and workspaces dir),
> guaranteeing it to be in sync with the DB (MySql in my case) at the time
> of the snapshot?

So you are using a MySQL persistence manager, and a Lucene index? In
that case you will need to stop all cluster nodes, or at least make
sure nobody writes to the repository before copying data.

That's not a nice solution for some use cases (online backup for
example). There are some ideas how to improve it, for example using a
'Backup Manager' that would block write access until the backup is
finished.

I logged a 'feature request bug: "Support Online Backup"
You could please add your use case to the bug?

Regards,
Thomas