jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@day.com>
Subject Re: Any way to fix broken node
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2008 11:51:27 GMT
hi sven

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 1:26 PM, Sven Seibold <sseibold@translations.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> we are using Jackrabbit 1.4.5 with the MSSqlPersistenceManager . For a still
> unknown reason some nodes seem to have been broken and are in a corrupt
> state.
>
> - node.getNodes() does not list these nodes anymore at all
> - node.getNode(path) gives an PathNotFoundException
> - node.addChild(path) at the same time gives a ItemExistsException
> - trying to access an apparently existing child node of these gives an error
> like
> javax.jcr.RepositoryException: failed to retrieve state of intermediary
> node: 1891ab0d-55d5-4947-8ad9-4063e8b3145f
>
> I have tried various things but cannot seem to fix these nodes. Any try to
> access these nodes in order to do something with them ends up with a
> PathNotFoundException while any try to create these nodes ends with an
> ItemExistsException .
>
> Is there any way to restore recover these nodes (no versioning is used)?

while it's probably not possible to recover the 'lost' nodes you should be
able to fix the inconsistency, see
http://www.nabble.com/Need-Help-%21-tt18376185.html#a18440018.

i'd really like to know what lead to this inconsistency. usually it's
caused by incorrect
deployment (e.g. multiple repository instances accessing the same db db schema).

cheers
stefan