jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Shivi S" <sdsh...@gmail.com>
Subject Virtual file system and external database
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2008 10:03:44 GMT
Hi!

I have a requirement as below.

We need to manage contents of our website using a Webdav client like
Dreamweaver. The website contents are stored as static files in the
webserver as well as dynamic contents in the database. For example, the css,
images, .swf files are stored in the webserver and the html contents are
stored in oracle database.

I need to build a virtual file system that lists both the static and the
database contents as directory / file structure to let the users manage the
content using Dreamweaver with Webdav.
I wonder if I can use Apache Jackrabbit components for implementation.

I am very new to Virtual file system, Webdav and content management. I
checked for some implementation examples but I was unable to find any.

I greatly appreciate for any help / advices provided to me.

Regards
Shivi