jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Brian Whipple" <bwhip...@prospricing.com>
Subject Question regarding the statefulness of changes to Session...
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2008 20:05:41 GMT
I have several use cases that require creating Nodes in a Session then
changing the relations between the Nodes in the same Session prior to
saving the Session.

These use cases worked fine when using JackRabbit 1.3.3 but we have
encountered errors when upgrading to the jackrabbit-core 1.4.6 candidate
release.

More specifically, I have found that when I create multiple Nodes with
the same path and then remove several of these Nodes then some of the
remaining Node paths become corrupt and are set to the root path.

I have an AbstractJCRTest unit test that can reproduce the problem but
before I post this as an issue can someone answer whether or not
creating then removing Nodes within a common Session without saving
until all the Nodes have been created and removed should be supported by
the JCR spec?

I would assume that all legal operations should be valid and visible to
the Session and not corrupt the Session.

However, most of the examples and unit tests I have seen save the
Session or working Node between differing operations like creation and
deletion.