jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WebDAV connector
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2008 09:51:25 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 9:26 AM, Cédric Chantepie <cchantepie@corsaire.fr> wrote:
> Jukka Zitting a écrit :
>> What kind of files are you transferring; are they by any chance large
>> PDFs?
>
> There are PDF among, yes.

I would guess that most of the load you are seeing is used by full
text indexing. Especially the PDF parser we use to extract text for
indexing can be notoriously slow with large documents.

If you don't need full text searching, you can try removing some of
the text extraction classes (especially for PDF). See the
textFilterClasses parameter in workspace.xml.

Other than that I don't see any reasons why your setup would not be
production-ready.

PS. Note that enabling the data store will even further increase
performance (as fewer bytes are being copied around) in your case, but
I think you should be seeing pretty decent performance even without
the data store.

BR,

Jukka Zitting