jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WebDAV connector
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2008 21:25:17 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 10:36 PM, C├ędric Chantepie
<cchantepie@corsaire.fr> wrote:
> With real use cases, content of one of our former data repo (~4.5Go in
> several directories), throught simple Webdav servlet, when we mount
> workspace as WebDAVFs drive on 3 Mac OS X computers then file transfers of
> about ~2Mb take a lot of time, and moreover server uptime goes to up, that's
> to say it can go up to 6-7.

What do you mean by "uptime" here, server load?

Can you describe your case in a bit more detail? As far as I
understood, you have three client computers (running Mac OS X) that
mount the repository using WebDAV. You then copy a number (how many)
files of about 2MB each (concurrently?) from each computer to the
mounted repository (or vice versa?).

Is your content hierarchy flat, i.e. how many files you have per
folder? Are each of the three clients accessing the same folder or
separate subtrees of the repository? What kind of files are you
transferring; are they by any chance large PDFs?

BR,

Jukka Zitting