jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Virtual file system and external database
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2008 10:34:03 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 12:28 PM, Shivi S <sdshini@gmail.com> wrote:
> I went through some of the documentation of Jackrabbit and a few examples
> from the forums but most of them were based on jackrabbit repositories. I
> also came across a "Virtual file system" that Jackrabbit provides, so I'd
> like to know if it is possible for me to use this without an actual content
> repository configured.

The "virtual file system" in Jackrabbit is a feature that allows you
to access the content repository like you would a normal file system
on a network drive. While the related code is reasonably reusable
(i.e. you could adapt it to use another backend), Jackrabbit does not
support other backends out of the box.

BR,

Jukka Zitting