jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Virtual file system and external database
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2008 10:19:56 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 12:03 PM, Shivi S <sdshini@gmail.com> wrote:
> I need to build a virtual file system that lists both the static and the
> database contents as directory / file structure to let the users manage the
> content using Dreamweaver with Webdav.
> I wonder if I can use Apache Jackrabbit components for implementation.

Have you considered using the Jackrabbit content repository as unified
storage for all your content? The content repository supports both
file system and database features as well as good WebDAV integration,
so I think it could be an excellent match for your requirements.

If you're set on using a normal file system and a database as your
storage backend, then I'm afraid we don't have any OOTB solutions for
you. The jackrabbit-webapp component contains quite a bit of generic
WebDAV functionality that you could reuse to implement your own
virtual WebDAV layer, but doing that requires programming effort and
WebDAV knowledge from you.

BR,

Jukka Zitting