jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Dave Fried <dfr...@phoenix-int.com>
Subject Re: Result of VERSION-CONTROL request
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2008 19:51:06 GMT
Angela Schreiber wrote:
> hi dave
>> Like I said before, I will almost certainly do this when I have the
>> time.
> fine by me as long as you don't expect me to
> extract the issues from the mails and create
> them for you :)
'Course not.  :)
>> Not in the version I have.
> which version do you have?
> as far as i know the structure
>
> + <fileName> (nt:file)
>   + jcr:content (nt:unstructured)
>     ... extracted xml
>
> hasn't changed for quite a while. in other words: i'm
> not aware of a change in this area. but i might be
> mistaken.
>
> or do you point to the fact the xml-file obtained
> later on contains addition JCR properties?
It's possible that that is exactly what is happening, but there are
actually two problems:
 * JCR changes the file contents (which you have mentioned)
 * File size is not reported, or is reported as zero

These are both serious problems when using the system as a simple WebDAV
server, where users expect to be able to upload, download and browse
files like any other shared drive.

--Dave