jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jop Zinkweg - Initworks B.V." <zink...@initworks.com>
Subject Re: File search order by jcr:content properties
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2008 15:16:12 GMT
Hi,
>> Is ordering by subnode properties in any way supported?
>>
> no, this is currently not supported. see [0] and [1]

Forgot to check for existing Jira issues, thanks for the info.
>> (I know subpath lookups are a bad idea performance wise, it's something
>> that'll be changed later on)
>>

> do you mean the call to get the parent (nt:file) node of your result nodes? that
> shouldn't be a big deal.

I meant the search query using /jcr:root/people/.... from what I've read
so far this could cause some performance issues when dealing with a
large number of nodes due to the added cost of computing the node path
for each node.

Regards,

Jop Zinkweg
Initworks B.V.