jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Dave Fried <dfr...@phoenix-int.com>
Subject Re: WebDAV servlets and locking
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2008 11:23:08 GMT
Thanks, Julian!

I mostly figured the problem out.  Turns out that it was not the problem
I thought it was.  The client software was correctly re-acquiring the
lock during the UNLOCK operation, but the server forgot to strip the
"opaque:" prefix from the lock token in one case.  The client got
temporary ownership of the lock for the session, but then the tokens
didn't match during the actual UNLOCK.  So, I just corrected the server
code and now UNLOCK works correctly.

Regarding lost lock tokens: I think I may modify the code I am running
to reveal lock tokens to administrators, so a resource that is left
locked with a lost token can be later unlocked/removed by an appropriate
person.  AFAIK, from a WebDAV perspective (or as you pointed out, from a
JCR 2.0 perspective), there is nothing wrong with sometimes revealing
lock tokens.

Thanks again!

--Dave