jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: WebDAV servlets and locking
Date Sat, 25 Oct 2008 08:29:43 GMT
Dave Fried wrote:
 > Minor correction: the locks are not session-scoped, but the lock's
owner gets
 > cleared when the session ends, and there is no effective way to
re-acquire
 > it without setting up a session that lasts longer than one HTTP
request.  So
 > the problem is more or less the same as before.

WebDAV clients are supposed to remember the lock token they received
upon LOCK. They need to re-submit them in subsequent requests, using the
"If" header.

If they do not keep them, they have to rely on lock token discovery
using PROPFIND, which servers are not required to support. So this is
not strictly a JCR problem.

That being said, JCR 2.0 *allows* servers to reveal the lock tokens of
open-scoped locks, so I expect future implementations to actually do that.

BR, Julian