jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: file issues on webdav
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2008 14:27:07 GMT
hi tobias

> I searched the web to get some information about autocommit and jcr
> through webdav. I've found this issue
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1348
> Is there anything new to this?

no. this is still open.

> I need this feature, maybe I could help?

sure. there are some thoughts in the issue regarding
the resolution.
some prerequisites i didn't mention: in order to be able
to set custom properties on a webdav resource the underlying
jcr file node must not have it's jcr:content node being
nt:resource (by default it's nt:unstructured in the simple
dav server).

further more: if the DAV:auto-version property was
present in the JCR repository, performing the automated
checkout/checkin or lock/unlock could be done in the
handlers for resource updates/creation.

but note, that this is just a rough guideline. i didn't
carefully think about all the details of the implementation.

> Another issue is that all my content files have a zero file-size in
> webdav.
> The structure of these files is comparable to an XML-backed Content
> Repository (JCR 170 Sec.5.4)
> with a mapping of xml structure to a node-property structure.
[...]
> Maybe the zero-file-size is a bug?

currently the DAV:getcontentlength property is set if
a jcr:data property exists below fileNode/jcr:content.
-> see DefaultHandler#exportProperties (line 435)

if your content structured in a different way (no jcr:data
property) the content length is undefined (not easy to determine).

can you check if this is the reason for the missing
length?

if this is the case you may add your custom Handler
implementation that calculates the length.

hope that helps
angela