jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Cédric Chantepie <cchante...@corsaire.fr>
Subject Re: WebDAV connector
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2008 19:20:54 GMT
Jukka Zitting a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 5:10 PM, Cédric Chantepie <cchantepie@corsaire.fr> wrote:
>
>> I got all these traces when my test transfer keep trying to send the same
>> file for about 5 minutes (a very small file about some Kb) and server went
>> to ~4 of load. That's why I'm thinking it freezed, but I still don't know
>> what's the real trouble.
>>

> Can you use something like the "top" tool to ensure that it's actually
> the server Java process that's taking up all that time. At least the
> stack traces you sent don't seem to indicate any major processing.
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

I have runned again my test, but one a much more powerful server,
bi-core2duo (4 x 2GHz) with 2Gb of RAM and hardware RAID HD. With this
server test is processed without overload (end with ~0.3).

I might be wrong thinking such use could be supported normally on other
servers ([server in production] bi Xeon 2GHz, 1Gb of RAM, hardware RAID
HD / [test server in local network] pentium 3 coppermine 800MHz, 630Mb
of RAM, hardware RAID HD).

Thanks for all comments,
Cédric