jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Cédric Chantepie <cchante...@corsaire.fr>
Subject Re: WebDAV connector
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2008 13:53:51 GMT
Jukka Zitting a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> OK, then there must be some other issue.
>
> Can you try profiling the repository server? Add something like the
> following to the java command line:
>
>     -agentlib:hprof=cpu=samples,depth=30
>
> This will produce a java.hprof.txt file in the current directory. This
> file shows what's taking up most time in the repository server. You'll
> want to start the server java process just before you start your test
> clients and close the server once the test is done.
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

To continue from my previous post, I've tried testing again with sun jdk
1.6 and -agentlib:hprof=cpu=samples,depth=30 but few times after I tried
it freezed again. It is probably related with document merging as last
output I can get is "[IndexMerger] merged 543 documents in 7997 ms into
_a.", then nothing happen in JBoss.

I've let JBoss starting quietly, double-checking it uses proper JVM, it
takes 2m:35s:135ms. Then wait some times so the test server get down to
an average load (uptime give me 0.47, 1.11, 0.85). I start testing, it
transfer some file over the 128 total (about 4 or 5% of files I think)
and then freezed (I last thing I get see in JBoss trace is message from
IndexMerger).

I could try test with blackdown JVM but I think the trouble would be the
same.
Maybe some mutex trouble about merging ?

Cédric