jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Cédric Chantepie <cchante...@corsaire.fr>
Subject Re: WebDAV connector
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2008 10:47:52 GMT
Jukka Zitting a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 9:26 AM, Cédric Chantepie <cchantepie@corsaire.fr> wrote:
>
>> Jukka Zitting a écrit :
>>
>>> What kind of files are you transferring; are they by any chance large
>>> PDFs?
>>>
>> There are PDF among, yes.
>>

> I would guess that most of the load you are seeing is used by full
> text indexing. Especially the PDF parser we use to extract text for
> indexing can be notoriously slow with large documents.
>
> If you don't need full text searching, you can try removing some of
> the text extraction classes (especially for PDF). See the
> textFilterClasses parameter in workspace.xml.

Thanks for your last comment.

I've just tried with <param name="textFilterClasses" value="" /> for all
<SearchIndex /> in repository.xml, but WebDAV transfer still over-load
the server.
Excepted making indexing asynchronous, if trouble came from there, I
don't see any fix (as WebDAV seem to required a SearchIndex in
repository to work).

Thanks for any help.

--
Cédric Chantepie - mailto:chantepie@nozicaa.com