jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Cédric Chantepie <cchante...@corsaire.fr>
Subject Re: WebDAV connector
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2008 10:32:49 GMT
Jukka Zitting a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 9:26 AM, Cédric Chantepie <cchantepie@corsaire.fr> wrote:
>
> I would guess that most of the load you are seeing is used by full
> text indexing. Especially the PDF parser we use to extract text for
> indexing can be notoriously slow with large documents.
>
> If you don't need full text searching, you can try removing some of
> the text extraction classes (especially for PDF). See the
> textFilterClasses parameter in workspace.xml.

Thanks I will try that.
By another way, maybe it's possible to make indexing more asynchronous.
> Other than that I don't see any reasons why your setup would not be
> production-ready.
>
> PS. Note that enabling the data store will even further increase
> performance (as fewer bytes are being copied around) in your case, but
> I think you should be seeing pretty decent performance even without
> the data store.

I'm testing with configuration which get best benchmark on our test server :
* LocalFileSystem
* PostgreSQLPersistenceManager (externalBLOBs, cacheSize=48,
minBlobSize=32768)
* DbDataStore (over PostgreSQL)

--
Cédric Chantepie - mailto:chantepie@nozicaa.com