jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Cédric Chantepie <cchante...@corsaire.fr>
Subject WebDAV connector
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2008 20:36:05 GMT
Hello,

I've setup a jackrabbit repository on one of our server with JBoss
(4.2.3, jrockit 1.5) and its WebDAV connector.

With real use cases, content of one of our former data repo (~4.5Go in
several directories), throught simple Webdav servlet, when we mount
workspace as WebDAVFs drive on 3 Mac OS X computers then file transfers
of about ~2Mb take a lot of time, and moreover server uptime goes to up,
that's to say it can go up to 6-7.

Repository is configured with Derby persistence manager and
LocalFileSystem (no DataStore). Server is linux (Fedora) i386 with RAID
1 disk.
I've tried many repository configurations on our test server -- like
with BundleFSPersistenceManager, PostgreSQLPersistenceManager (with
different cacheSize and different minBlobSize and different
externalBLOBs values), DerbyFileSystem, DbFileSystem with PostgreSQL --
but it doesn't seem to prevent uptime from "largely" increase (average
from 0.5 to 3.5).
I've also tried to change Jackrabbit integration, JCA xml descriptor,
change it from transactional to non-transactional but it neither fix our
trouble.

Anyone using Jackrabbit as WebDAV driver from several machines with as
many files ?
Is there any mean to make it usable ?

Cédric,