jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Torgeir Veimo <torg...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: CAS in jackrabbit
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2008 05:30:13 GMT

On 28 Oct 2008, at 13:08, iapilgrim wrote:

> I am about to add PERMISSIONs/RIGHTs to my app. I intent to use Spring
> Security. I don't know how to use it right now. I have some questions
> + What are the reasons that make you not use Spring Security but
> implement
> one for your own?
> + I don't understand your solution but it seems to be restricted by
> the
> limit set of actual ACLs. My app is very big, so which strategy to
> implement
> an PERMISSIONs/RIGHTs
> My security module is  complex. It is used for CMS application.

Look at jackrabbit 1.5 pre2. It implements most of the authorisation
spec from JCR 2.0. Jackrabbit doesn't implement the authentication
facility, only the authorisation facility. You could use spring
security to facilitate login, and use its JAAS module to provide
identification of users / groups to the authorisation facility in
jackrabbit.

--
Torgeir Veimo
torgeir@pobox.com