jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Funkyjam Master" <jam.master.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jcr:contains -- can I make use of stemming?
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2008 15:04:11 GMT
On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 3:35 PM, Funkyjam Master
<jam.master.funk@gmail.com>wrote:

> I want to allow stemming in my queries but can't discover how.  I'm using
> this list as a last ditch effort.  I find lots of examples of using wildcard
> searches using jcr:like but I don't want to restrict my search to certain
> field names and I hear the performance of such queries is awful (Ard
> Schrijvers).  But nothing like what I want.  Can someone please help?
> Let's say I have two nodes A and B.  A has property "mytext" which has a
> value "flash software" .  B has property "mystring" which has a value "flash
> powder" .  Now how do I get both nodes to show up as the result of a query
> using jcr:contains?

Sorry,  I meant to pose the question as how do I get both nodes to show up
as the result of a query using jcr:contains(., "ash").  I understand I can
exact match on the word "flash" but what if I want to match a substring as
in "ash" ?  What, then?  If this is something that gets asked a lot, point
me towards the last time it got answered, I'll write it up and someone can
put it on the website because this is day 3 and the best solution I've found
is jcr:like with wildcards.