jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "James Abley" <james.ab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Liveness failures in DefaultISMLocking
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2008 10:45:57 GMT
Hi Claus,

Thanks for the response. I've come to the same conclusion. I can't yet
upgrade to SVN trunk in our production environment, so I'm going to
copy DefaultISMLocking and then add logging so that I can see which
thread has the lock at any time. Hopefully this will confirm either
way. What I can do if it is caused by that; I've not worked that out

2008/10/13 KÖLL Claus <C.KOELL@tirol.gv.at>:
> hi james,
> do you run your code inside a transaction ?
> as i can see you run into a deadlock described in JCR-1334
> its not so easy to reproduce the problem because the lock is bind to the thread
> and if the container uses the same thread for prepare and commit you get no problems
> BR,
> Claus
>> Zip attachment was stripped off. Try this:
>> http://pastebin.com/m7d46791d
>> The larger thread dump won't go into the paste bin, so shout if you
>> think it's worth having.
>> I saw that 1.4.6 mentioned a problem with XA and deadlocking in this
>> area. But since I can't reliably replicate the problem, it's hard to
>> tell whether that will fix it.
>> Cheers,
>> James

View raw message