jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Dave Fried <dfr...@phoenix-int.com>
Subject Re: GET webdav method - bad http content type
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2008 15:42:54 GMT

I have seen this happen with Slide when the content type property of the file
was not set correctly on upload.  Do you know if your client sends the
appropriate client type on a PUT/POST request?  If it is a bad content-type,
one of the following MAY be the problem:
 * the client is sending the wrong content-type
 * the client is not sending any content-type and the server is
mis-interpreting the type
 * the client is not sending any content-type and the server does not
recognize the file type, so it is defaulting to text/html
 * same as previous, but the server isn't sending anything at all, so the
web browser defaults to text/html

Make sure your build contains the properties file "mimetypes.properties",
which contains mappings for file extensions to MIME types.  This is required
for the server to interpret file types when the client does not send the
type.  I see that .doc, .rtf, etc. are already listed in the default version
of the file, so your build may just not be loading it properly.

If you want to know whether it's a default value being provided by the
server or browser, you can edit config.xml to enable the
"<mimetypeproperties>" element, then set something random for
"<defaultmimetype>".  If this shows up in the browser, then it's falling
back to the default.

Not sure if that will help, but hopefully it will.