jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From iapilgrim <iapilg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CAS in jackrabbit
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2008 03:08:26 GMT

Doug Douglass-2 wrote:

> Vlad,
>
> This isn't a direct answer to your question, search the ML archives and I
> think you'll find similar posting and various solutions. Here's some that
> seem to recall:
>
>  * create/inject a session in your AccessManager to use for object lookup
>
>  * managing a separate set of ItemId-to-ACL data so you don't necessarily
> need to access the node in jackrabbit
>
> On one jackrabbit project where we have a DAO layer between application
> code
> and jackrabbit, we side-stepped using AccessManager to enforce ACLs,
> instead
> using AOP interceptors around our DAO layer (via ACEGI, now Spring
> Security). The interceptors generate the ACLs on the fly from properties
> on
> the business object retrieved from the repository and filter accordingly.
> This works quite well as there is a limited set of actual ACLs and typical
> DAO retrieve operations result in between 10 and 100 objects, YMMV.
> HTH,
> Doug

Hi Doug,
I am about to add PERMISSIONs/RIGHTs to my app. I intent to use Spring
Security. I don't know how to use it right now. I have some questions
+ What are the reasons that make you not use Spring Security but implement
one for your own?
+ I don't understand your solution but it seems to be restricted by the
limit set of actual ACLs. My app is very big, so which strategy to implement
an PERMISSIONs/RIGHTs
My security module is  complex. It is used for CMS application.
Regards,
Van