jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From iapilgrim <iapilg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CAS in jackrabbit
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2008 03:08:26 GMT

Doug Douglass-2 wrote:
> Vlad,
> This isn't a direct answer to your question, search the ML archives and I
> think you'll find similar posting and various solutions. Here's some that
> seem to recall:
>  * create/inject a session in your AccessManager to use for object lookup
>  * managing a separate set of ItemId-to-ACL data so you don't necessarily
> need to access the node in jackrabbit
> On one jackrabbit project where we have a DAO layer between application
> code
> and jackrabbit, we side-stepped using AccessManager to enforce ACLs,
> instead
> using AOP interceptors around our DAO layer (via ACEGI, now Spring
> Security). The interceptors generate the ACLs on the fly from properties
> on
> the business object retrieved from the repository and filter accordingly.
> This works quite well as there is a limited set of actual ACLs and typical
> DAO retrieve operations result in between 10 and 100 objects, YMMV.
> HTH,
> Doug
Hi Doug,
I am about to add PERMISSIONs/RIGHTs to my app. I intent to use Spring
Security. I don't know how to use it right now. I have some questions
+ What are the reasons that make you not use Spring Security but implement
one for your own?
+ I don't understand your solution but it seems to be restricted by the
limit set of actual ACLs. My app is very big, so which strategy to implement
My security module is  complex. It is used for CMS application.