jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From iapilgrim <iapilg...@gmail.com>
Subject jcr:deref usage
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2008 09:24:51 GMT

I want to use jcr:deref. In JSR spec,
For example, suppose there is a property of type REFERENCE called
myapp:author which refers to a node representing the author of this
document. A query expression to find the person’s last name property would
be:
/jcr:root/myapp:myDoc/ jcr:deref(@myapp:author, 'myapp:person')/address
The dereference expression above evaluates to one or more nodes which has
the name myapp:person. Subsequently a child node of each, representing the
person’s address, is selected.
My questions:
+ I don't see where to query person's last name?
+ It is not clear what will be return Doc or User?
+ Do I need to have strong reference (  oppose to weak reference that is
referred by path)
In my application:
my entry have a property "author" that refer to a user node (similar to spec
example) but when query like this
//blogsystem/posts/entry_2/jcr:deref(@author,'*')
--> no error and no results
and one more question:
Which JR version support predicate with jcr:deref?
I have searched the mailling list but found no answers so I need your help
Thanks and regards,
Van