jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From iapilgrim <iapilg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Xpath query based on dynamic property name
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2008 12:43:41 GMT

Hi Marcel,
Thanks for your time first,

Marcel Reutegger wrote:

> I'm not sure I understand your use case. What exactly do you mean with
> 'query
> posts by a tag'? If you know the tag you can simply traverse the tree and
> collect the paths that reference the entries. but I guess that's not what
> you
> want...

Yes, traverse the tree and collect desired node is a possible way. I just
want to know how to got post by tag ( ex  tag have value 'xxx'), but as i
know so far, current Jackrabbit (1.4.6) doesn't support query xpath with
fn:name() or local-name() ... so traverse the tree is unique way to get post
by tag. I don't know traverse the tree leads to some perfomance issues or
not ( i'm not sure). Could you give me a hint?

Marcel Reutegger wrote:

>> + (jcrom users): Suppose I get all tags by their property name. Because I
>> allow query on partial property name (ex. x instead of xxx), I can't find
>> smart way to get property values.
>> + Is there other way to organize a similar structure to easily query ?
>
> as an alternative you may want to consider reversing the references. let
> the
> entries reference the tags. maybe that makes it easier for your to
> formulate the entries

Yes, we could refer tag from the post (entry) but I want tag to know post
because tag could be used for tagging photo or article... It's also design
issue, I want to isolate tag module.