jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Martin777 <martin.va...@ami.cz>
Subject Re: One interface, two separate repositories, based on content type
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2008 07:56:32 GMT

Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 2:20 PM, Martin777 <martin.varga@ami.cz> wrote:
>> Is it possible to set up Jackrabbit so it will use two separate servers
>> as
>> one repository? I need to store video and large images on one server, and
>> every other content on another server.
>
> How about configuring Jackrabbit with a data store [1] that stores the
> large binaries on the other server? This way you'd have all your
> content easily accessible within the same content hierarchy, but the
> underlying storage would be split over the two servers.
>
> [1] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DataStore
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

I've never used Jackrabbit before. I will look into the DataStore.

Maybe I should write the usecase I am implementing...

There's a CMS on one server. People can upload images and videos to the CMS.
To reduce the load on the CMS server, the video data should be stored and
accessible through another webserver and only linked to the CMS.

So maybe datastore will not help me...