jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From iapilgrim <iapilg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Clarification on Node refresh
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2008 03:32:19 GMT

Hi Alex,
With copy-on-write strategy, two subsequents read can give different
results. But when I read in JCR spec (6.2.3 Node Read Methods).
getNode(String relPath):  Returns the node at relPath  relative to this
node.

 Within the scope of a single Session  object, if a node has been acquired
with getNode , any subsequent call of getNode  reacquiring the same node
must return a Node  object reflecting the same state as the earlier Node
object.
Whether this object is actually the same Node  instance, or simply one
wrapping the same state, is up to the implementation. See 7.1.2.1 Re-using
Item Objects .
--> Does it mean we always get the same state of a Node ( in a Session) no
matter what which strategy is ( copy-on-write or copy-on-read).
I'm really confused. Could you explain it to me?
Van