jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Hairos <hairos.iz...@gmail.com>
Subject Reading contents of JAR FILE and save to Repository
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2008 10:08:26 GMT

Hi all! I'm not sure whether this question/prob have been posed or not but
here we go. I need to know how to read a class in a jar file and store in
jackrabbit. Am I in the right forum? I hope I am lol. Below is the snippet
of coding I use to read the jar file content... This code works and it
captured the content of the jar file but when I tried to download it from
the repository the .class file is corrupted. But if there's a .txt file in
the jar file... it will read it correctly and download without a problem.
Please help me with this, thanks. My question is how to read the jar file
and save it in an InputStream.

public InputStream getInputStream() throws IOException {

        	InputStream stream = null;
        	//String jarFilename = "brmsPackage\\test.jar";
        	String jarFilename = "C:/MyFolder/Customer.jar";
        	byte[] l_bFileContent=null;
        	try {
        		StringBuffer result = new StringBuffer();
        		FileInputStream inputStream = new FileInputStream(jarFilename);
        		int read = 0;
        		   do {
        			        read = inputStream.read();
        			        System.out.println("huh "+read);
        			        result.append((char)read);
        			        System.out.println("huh 2 "+result);
        			     } while (read != -1);

        		   String l_sFileContent=result.toString();
        		   System.out.println("huh 3 "+l_sFileContent);
        		   l_bFileContent=l_sFileContent.getBytes();

        	}
        	    catch (IOException e) { System.out.println (e); }

        	stream = new ByteArrayInputStream(l_bFileContent);
        	return stream;
        }