jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "David Nuescheler" <da...@day.com>
Subject Re: WebDAV Paradigm Mismatch
Date Sun, 26 Oct 2008 17:21:38 GMT
hi ollie,

thanks for your mail.

> As to locking and versioning, well yes of course I want a save to add a
> version, isn't that a definition of what a version is?
not really. but that should not be hard to achieve if one would
really like that. the trigger for creating a version (check-in) is indeed very
use case specific.

> The WebDAV
> implementation of SimpleWEbdavServlet doesn't even work universally on
> multiple WebDAV clients, much less even different versions of Web Folders on
> Windows.
really? it would be great if you could be a bit more specific?

i have been using jackrabbit webdav with a wide array of clients (even fairly
old windows webfolder versions) on a daily basis for years and i have not had
issues in a long time.

please feel free to let us know if you find incompatibilities with broadly used
webdav clients. we would probably need a little bit more detail to
constructively
support you.

regards,
david