jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From pkrishna <prabhakar.krishnasw...@ge.com>
Subject SimpleAccessManager-configuration and usage
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2008 19:28:57 GMT

We are trying to implement authorization in a JackRabbit environment. I
browsed through developer site trying to find how this should be
implemented. From the posts, I understand that authorization should be
implemented by us and a good place to start is SimpleAccessManager provided
by JackRabbit. I was looking for a sample code that instantiates this module
passing in the AMContext. I searched through the JackRabbit source code and
test cases and couldn't find one that showed this usage.

Any help will be appreciated.

I examined the SimpleAccessManager class documentation and it has calls like
canAccess, checkPermissions etc. I assume these calls are related to the
subject who is logged in. Where do we grant these permissions for a subject.
Would this be done in repository.xml under the security section? Many of the
samples I have seen has reference to access.xml commented off. I sample
showing what goes in the access.xml would also be helpful