jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "MARTINEZ Antonio" <Antonio.Marti...@alcatel-lucent.com>
Subject RE: Snapshot of local data (in sync with DB)
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2008 18:36:19 GMT
Hello,

I have a follow up question.
Currently we lock the MySql DB before taking backup with FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK, which
closes all open tables and locks all tables for all databases with a read lock until you explicitly
release the lock by executing UNLOCK TABLES.

Can we guarantee that while we have this lock in the DB, JackRabbit will not update the local
index files, even if the application tries to save something in the repository? If so we could
use that lock to safely copy as well the local indexing (which would be in sync with the DB)

Thanks,
Antonio

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Müller [mailto:thomas.mueller@day.com]
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2008 8:00 AM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: Snapshot of local data (in sync with DB)

Hi,

> Do you think I will ALWAYS be able to start JackRabbit using that DB+index data (that
might not be consistent).

Yes, I believe you will always be able to starting the repository.

> I do not care about having some inconsistent data, my concern is if there is a possibility
that JackRabbit would not be able to start and fix the index.

In many cases, inconsistent data is a problem. Currently, fixing the index means re-building
the index. If the index is quite small, that's not a problem.

Regards,
Thomas