jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "MARTINEZ Antonio" <Antonio.Marti...@alcatel-lucent.com>
Subject Snapshot of local data (in sync with DB)
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2008 19:40:38 GMT
Hello,

Can anybody recommend a good practice to take a snapshot of the local
data (i.e, repository dir, revision.log file and workspaces dir),
guaranteeing it to be in sync with the DB (MySql in my case) at the time
of the snapshot?

I need that for:

1) Cluster: Add a node to an existing cluster
   I can have up to 20G DB, and indexing that in the new node would take
more than 3 hours, and I run out of Heap with 2G, so this is not an
option for me. So I would need to take a snapshot of the local data in
one of the cluster nodes to use it in the new node.

2) DB backup
   I need to backup the DB and the local index data, but I need to
guarantee that they are in Sync

3) DB restore
   In this case I would restore both the DB and the local data created
during backup

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Antonio