jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: what elements go with which? (repository.xml)
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2008 12:00:30 GMT
On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 8:08 PM, Warner Onstine <wonstine@vmsinfo.com> wrote:
> What I'm not clear on from the docs is this:
> - Do I need to replace the FileSystem in the repository.xml (at the top
> level) with an OracleFileSystem?

No, this is optional in both normal and clustering setup.

> - Do I need to replace the FileSystem in the <Versioning> tag in the
> repository.xml with one for the OracleFileSystem

No, optional as above

> - If I do this do I need to replace this with an appropriate
> PersistenceManager (again for Oracle) in the <Versioning> tag

Yes, the versioning PM must be "clusterable" as well. You can look at
the versioning as a special workspace, so you normally have the same
PM configuration as for the normal workspaces (apart from separate
location/schemaObjectPrefix).

> - Do I need to replace the FileSystem in the workspace.xml (at the top
> level) with an OracleFileSystem?

No, optional, as in question 1.

Actually it is the same as in the repository.xml: The workspace.xml is
created when a workspace is created and only used for this workspace.
The Workspace section in the repository.xml is used as a template for
new workspace.xml files. So if you want to change things for existing
workspaces, you have to modify the workspace.xml files of those
workspaces (but note that you might loose the "connection" to the data
if you point to an empty database schema for example). If you can
start from scratch (typically during development), you would delete
all workspaces (in db, in workspaces folder incl. the workspace.xml
files) and just change the repository.xml file.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek