jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Model 2 deployment and configuration questions.
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2008 11:53:27 GMT
Hi!

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 7:13 PM, Scott Jones <scottskayak@gmail.com> wrote:
> This does not give a obvious place for the repository file, my first
> question is where do people put the repository folder in a production
> environment (in my case WebSphere)?

Don't know WebSphere, but you should have a separate location for the
repository/ directory, as it contains repository data (even if you use
database persistence managers, there is always the namespace and node
types registry and the index files). You want to keep them separate
from your application code. Have a fixed directory /data/repository or
something in the home directory of the websphere user
/home/websphere/repository, for example.

> Second question: How do you manage he configuration of the repository.xml,
> the default build I am looking at for the rar file includes the
> repository.xml in the rar.

The repository.xml is typically not put into the war file, since it
contains things that the server administrator needs to configure
(database urls, etc.). The typical way would be to put the
repository.xml in the repository folder as described above.

You'll have to change the path to the repository.xml in the web.xml
then - or where it is eventually configured, but if you have a fixed
path, you only need to change it once in your build system.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek