jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Arbitrary key:value property pairs node type
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2008 15:44:26 GMT
On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 2:18 PM, Fabián Mandelbaum
<fmandelbaum@gmail.com> wrote:
> OTOH, in my question I forgot to mention that the arbitrary properties
> requirement was a runtime requirement as opposed to a development
> requirement. So, when I develop I cannot know in advance the property names.
>
> I was thinking that I could add a property like this: - my:props
> (string) multiple to store arbitrary properties at runtime in the
> key:value form (that is, each string in @my:props will be "key:value"),
> then searching for them somehow... will this have a big impact on
> performance when searching? Is this the recommended way to store
> not-known-at-development-time properties?

This is no problem, there is no difference in development and runtime
in this case, since you allow any properties (*). You can always get
the node later and call setProperty("completelyNewProp", "somevalue").
Same with queries, you can dynamically build your xpath query to query
for the "completelyNewProp".

Using a multivalue property with "key:value" is not required at all!

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek