jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Session Handling in WebApplication
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2008 07:38:30 GMT
Hi,

Michael's answer is right, typically you bound one session to one
request. Creating a session, especially with an embedded repository,
is very fast. But note that there is no automatic mechanism against
concurrent changes from two parallel sessions. Normally the second
update wins (if there is no conflict). You can use locking for
synchronization or versioning (see the JCR spec [1]). And in most
cases, a clear content structure [2] will help in avoiding conflicts
in most cases.

Regards,
Alex

[1] http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=170