jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Simple Xpath query -Looking for a file(node) by name
Date Sun, 07 Sep 2008 16:39:23 GMT
On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 10:50 PM, Julio Castillo <jcastillo@edgenuity.com> wrote:
> Marcel,
> Let me see if I understand you, are you saying that I need to embed some
> code into Jackrabbit so that I can process such queries?
>
> I was hoping that there would be some support with the current XPath syntax
> to issue such query.

No, as mentioned in the referenced mails, there is no such support.

The JQOM is part of the upcoming JCR 2.0 spec and will be a code-based
query system, but very flexible and powerful. Xpath and SQL support
will be enabled by special converters that parse the queries and
create a JQOM (but are not part of the JCR spec anymore). In the end
this will lead to a more powerful XPath support for JCR.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek