jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@onehippo.com>
Subject RE: David's Model and translation projects
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2008 14:56:26 GMT

>     OTOH, my file node (extending nt:file) already has the
> lang as metadata (a property). I'm doing tests both extending
> nt:file (1st
> attempt) and nt:resource (as David suggests), I don't really
> find any difference, though I know there may be some
> difference in performance, or compatibility, I don't know...

The performance difference will not be in there, but in queries based on
path locations, like 'give me the last 10 news articles below
/content/english/news'. Because you do not want news articles below
/content/dutch/news, you have to add this path constraint to the query,
and that makes it slower for increasing numbers of nodes. Though, as you
mailed, you also have the language as a propery on the nodes, so make
sure you add this in the where clause of your searches, to limit the
number of hits only to the language you are looking for

-Ard