jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Shailesh Mangal <shailesh.man...@getzephyr.com>
Subject Batch Operations in Jackrabbit
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2008 15:55:18 GMT
HI All,

I am facing performance issues while coping large number of nodes.
	Scenario: I have a node(N1) with 5000 subnodes). I wanted to
selectively copy some of these (say 1000) sub nodes to other node(N2)

I am using Workspace.copy(). (Iterating through all subnodes and
coping one by one)

  As per documentation(of Workspace.copy), "If successful, the change
is persisted immediately, there is no need to call save".

As per my understaning every node commits separately. But I want to
commit all nodes as batch. so that I can save some execution time.

Is it possilbe to "commit nodes  in batches while using
Workspace.copy()  or an alternative to bulk bulk copy". I am using
1.3.4 but I can upgrade if newer versions have solution to this problem

Shailesh Mangal
Now, Test Management, is a breeze