jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Boni Gopalan \(BioImagene\)" <Bon...@bioimagene.com>
Subject OCM:Issue and Resolution for DTD location (Specific to GWT)
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2008 07:59:12 GMT
I was hit with an issue on a GWT based application that uses JCR to
store and retrieve data using OCM 1.5-SNAPSHOT.  The issue was peculiar
because though the CRUD test cases were all passing the Dao layer failed
when accessed through the GWT-> Servlet layer.  The issue was identified
as the difference in the behaviour of Xerces parsers used when running
the testcases and when accessed through Servlet.  The Parser used from
Servley layer was validating the mapping files against dtd.  Since there
was no dtd specified in the mapping files the operation failed.  The
solution was to include a http reference to the dtd in the bean mapping
files.  Currently I am using the following location.  I do not know
whether there is a published dtd location other than the one from svn
trunk.

<!DOCTYPE jackrabbit-ocm PUBLIC "//UNKNOWN/"
"http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/site/dtd/jackrabbit-ocm-1.4.
dtd">

Boni Gopalan
Manager Engineering