jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@day.com>
Subject Re: schema questions
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2008 09:14:33 GMT
hi warner

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 11:51 PM, Warner Onstine <wonstine@vmsinfo.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Moving along on the project but now we need to make this a clustered app so
> I have been looking into getting this setup on our Oracle databases for the
> journaling and the main repository and our DBA has a few questions that he
> would like answered before we move ahead.
> 1) In the oracle.ddl file for the repository under
> jackrabbit-core/src/main/resources/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/persistence/db
> there appear to be no foreign key relationships. Why?

because none are needed ;) referential integrity of the jcr data model
is handled
on a higher level.  the tables are just used to store key/value pairs, much like
a hashmap or a berkeley db.

> 2) In the oracle.ddl file for the journal under
>  jackrabbit-core/src/main/resources/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/journal why
> have a table with just a single column.

what's wrong with single column tables? this table just contains a
single record
with the highest available revision number.

> 3) In the Journal schema the Revision table name seems to be a bad choice
> for a name as it is a unique number (and I'm guessing a UUID number). While
> it may be a revision you should be able to have a revision 1 of one document
> and a revision 1 of another document and not confuse the two.

this table stores a single integer value (not an UUID), i.e. the
highest available
revision number.

see also:

hope this helps, cheers

> Thank you for any clarification on this to help get this moving forward, we
> just want some documentation relating to the schema before we push it into
> our DBs.
> -warner

View raw message