jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Conoly, Brett" <Brett.Con...@digitalinsight.com>
Subject day webdav authentication
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 14:20:31 GMT
I realize this is the jackrabbit user group but I just downloaded the
day crx 1.4 trial version and for the application that I had running on
jackrabbit to try it out.  Everything works fine except for the
missing-auth header init parameter used in jackrabbit to bypass a login
when reading from webdav.  When I inserted this into
runtime/0/_crx/WEB-INF/web.xml it completely ignored my init parameter.
Do any of you day folks know how to do this in 1.4?

Thanks in advance,

Brett

...These are my current settings for the webdav servlet in 1.4 web.xml:

        <!--

            Optional parameter to define the value of the
'WWW-Authenticate' header

        -->

        <init-param>

             <param-name>missing-auth-mapping</param-name>

             <param-value>admin:admin</param-value>

             <description>

                 Defines how a missing authorization header should be
handled.

                 1) If this init-param is missing, a 401 response is
generated.

                    This is suiteable for clients (eg. webdav clients)
for which

                    sending a proper authorization header is not
possible if the

                    server never sent a 401.

                 2) If this init-param is present with an empty value,

                    null-credentials are returned, thus forcing an null
login

                    on the repository.

                 3) If this init-param has a 'user:password' value, the
respective

                    simple credentials are generated.

             </description>

         </init-param>

    <!--

        Optional parameter to define the value of the 'WWW-Authenticate'
header

    -->

    <!--

    <init-param>

      <param-name>authenticate-header</param-name>

      <param-value>Basic realm="CRX Webdav Server"</param-value>

      <description>

        Defines the value of the 'WWW-Authenticate' header.

      </description>

    </init-param>

    -->