jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From John Eaton <john_ea...@lagan.com>
Subject RE: Installation problem with jackrabbit webapp and oc4j
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2008 11:53:32 GMT
I don't think it is a credentials issue as the same repository.xml file deploys on Tomcat ok.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jukka Zitting [mailto:jukka.zitting@gmail.com]
Sent: 17 September 2008 10:55
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: Installation problem with jackrabbit webapp and oc4j

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 10:12 AM, John Eaton <john_eaton@lagan.com> wrote:
> I get the following exception when I try to browse the repository
> using the following link
> http://localhost:8888/jackrabbit-webapp-1.4/repository/default/
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.jcr.JcrDavException.<init>(JcrDavExceptio
> n.java:111)

The NullPointerException here is caused by issue JCR-1678 [1] that's already fixed in Jackrabbit
trunk.

However, the NPE hides some other problem. It looks like the webapp is unable to acquire a
repository session. This could either be caused by the repository not being available or by
some other issue in logging in to the repository. It could be something as simple as incorrect
credentials.

> As a side issue the welcome.jsp failed to compile as it did not
> recognise the log symbol at line 27. I just commented this line out for now.

The log method in question is expected to come from the GeneralServlet base class, but apparently
in oc4j the JspPage implementation class does not inherit from GeneralServlet. We probably
shouldn't make such expectations in Jackrabbit. Can you please file a bug report about this?

> Are there any other jars that I need to add to the class path for oc4j?

Adding the jcr-1.0.jar should be sufficient.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended
solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any
action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please
immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in error.

The views and opinions expressed in this email may not reflect the views and opinions of any
member of Lagan Technologies Limited, or any of its subsidiaries.

Lagan Technologies Limited is a company registered in Northern Ireland with registration number
NI 28773. The registered office of Lagan Technologies Limited is 209 Airport Road West, Belfast,
Co. Antrim, BT3 9EZ.