jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Marc Speck" <marcsp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Extending SimpleWebDavServlet
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2008 13:08:27 GMT
Ok, everybody seems to silently agree that there is no threading issue with
this servlet method:

public DavLocatorFactory getLocatorFactory() {
    if (locatorFactory == null) {
        locatorFactory = new LocatorFactoryImplEx(resourcePathPrefix);
    }
    return locatorFactory;
}

I just ask why this is thread safe. It is not called in servlet.init() or
the like, isn't it?
Thanks,
Marc

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 8:55 AM, Marc Speck <marcspeck@gmail.com> wrote:

> While extending SimpleWebDavServlet, I could not see at first glance how
getLocatorFactory() (
http://fisheye6.atlassian.com/browse/jackrabbit/trunk/jackrabbit-jcr-server/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/webdav/simple/SimpleWebdavServlet.java?r=603178#l204)
is called the first time (for lazy initialization) in a thread-safe way.