jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Warner Onstine <wonst...@vmsinfo.com>
Subject schema questions
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2008 21:51:52 GMT
Hi all,
Moving along on the project but now we need to make this a clustered
app so I have been looking into getting this setup on our Oracle
databases for the journaling and the main repository and our DBA has a
few questions that he would like answered before we move ahead.

1) In the oracle.ddl file for the repository under jackrabbit-core/src/
main/resources/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/persistence/db there appear
to be no foreign key relationships. Why?
2) In the oracle.ddl file for the journal under  jackrabbit-core/src/
main/resources/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/journal why have a table
with just a single column.
3) In the Journal schema the Revision table name seems to be a bad
choice for a name as it is a unique number (and I'm guessing a UUID
number). While it may be a revision you should be able to have a
revision 1 of one document and a revision 1 of another document and
not confuse the two.

Thank you for any clarification on this to help get this moving
forward, we just want some documentation relating to the schema before
we push it into our DBs.

-warner