jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jackrabbit caching?
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2008 23:12:42 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 10:03 PM, Michael Harris
<michael.e.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think I am using deployment model 1, which from my understanding is just
> bundling the jcr api with the application -- allows me (and by me i mean
> spring) to create a TransientRepo from which it gets sessions.
>
> Is this not a good idea?

Unfortunately not. Having two independent Jackrabbit instances (one in
your webapp and the other separate application) concurrently accessing
the same repository directory can easily cause all sorts of trouble,
like causing repository inconsistency and even data loss. There's a
lock file to prevent concurrent access, but it sounds like in your
case the lock file doesn't work as it should.

The easiest solution in your case is probably to enable RMI access in
your webapp and use that as the main access point to the repository.
See [1] for instructions on using the RMI layer.

[1] http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jackrabbit-jcr-rmi.html

BR,

Jukka Zitting